This one day, in depth course takes you through the role of the Caldicott Guardian the Caldicott Guardian principles, and/or staff who work in support of the role. We cover role specific topics, and walk through the challenges of information sharing for direct care as well as the relationship between the Senior Information Risk Owner, Data Protection Officer and the Information Governance team. We will look at best practices for reporting to the Board or Governing Body and implementing the Caldicott reviews across the organisation.
What you will learn from the course:
- Understand the role of a Caldicott Guardian
- Review the National Data Guardians’ reports and relevant standards
- Understand the legal framework surround the Caldicott Guardian role
- Complete role-based scenarios to support learning, covering topics such as Information Sharing, Subject Access Requests and Public Interest
The day will cover the following topics:
- The Caldicott Principles.
- Strict need to know basis means
- The role of the Caldicott Guardian and responsibilities
- Working Relationships; Caldicott Guardian vs Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) & Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Support for the Caldicott Guardian
- National Data Reviews and the Data Security Standards.
- What is the Data Security and Protection Toolkit?
- The importance of Leadership in the Caldicott Guardian role.
- Scenario: Data Breach – Inappropriate Access.
- Scenarios: Sharing Information
- Sharing for Direct care, Subject Access Request, Disclosure, Public Interest.
- Discussion; Anonymisation, Pseudonymisation and Encryption.
- What the Caldicott Guardian did next?
- What can you do to protect yourself?
- The Legal Framework.
- What is Personal and Special Category Data?
Who should attend?
This course is for Caldicott Guardians that are looking for an introduction course to the Caldicott Guardian role. Delegates would include Information Governance Professionals, Caldicott Guardians and their deputies, Data Protection Officers or anyone working in support of the Caldicott Guardian role.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.
Contact us for more information