What you will learn from the course:
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical application of data protection and associated laws in complex scenarios
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing data protection and associated legislation
- Demonstrate an ability to manage risks associated with personal data in an organisational context
The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamental concepts
- Key parts of legislation
- UK GDPR
- DPA 2018
- Role of the ICO
- Putting data protection law into practice
- Codes of Practice
- Information governance
- Managing compliance
- Data protection principles
- Rights of the data subject
- Responsibilities of controllers
- Data protection officer
- Data protection by design
- Information security
- Breach reporting
- Transfers to third countries or international organisations
- The Information Commissioner
- Other important bodies or groups
- Data sharing
- Privacy and electronic communications
- Employment code of practice
- Other codes of practice
- Managing data protection compliance
- Organisational measures
- The role of information governance
- Managing risk
- DPIAs in practice
Who should attend?
This qualification is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their knowledge and obtain a data Protection Certification.
This course is delivered by TKM Consulting who are an approved training centre.
The Data Protection Certificate comprises 2 units, each of which has an assessment. Both units must be successfully completed. We offer a closed book, written examination with short and long answer questions. This assessment is usually scheduled 3 – 5 weeks after course delivery.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.
Contact us for more information