Data ethics has never been so important. The prevalence of data, its collection and technology has increased the accessibility of data science and analysis to not just the major corporate entities, but to everyone.
What you will learn from the course:
- To gain an understanding of the ethical considerations around the use, collection and utilisation of data from a wider perspective.
- To gain an understanding the ethical aspects of information sharing, discrimination and bias in artificial intelligence and algorithms.
- To understand the rights of the individual and the ethical considerations in the development, collection and usage of data.
- To discuss actions taken with good intentions but vastly unethical.
- The risks.
- How to find a balance.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Ethics Vs Law
- Fairness, responsibility, respect human rights
- Balance between innovation/benefit
- Proactive rather than reactive
- Risk – Financial, Privacy, Human health, Dignity and Reputation Example: Facial recognition
- Approaches: Deontology (data scientists), Autonomy, Beneficence, Justice,
- Consequentialism (data subjects)
- Environmental approach
- GDPR, EU law, individuals vs groups
- Big Data
- Example; Do we need group privacy rights as well as Individual ones?
- Automation and Technology
- Epistemic – Quality
- Normative – Effect
- Traceability – Input to output
- Interpretability – Humans don’t think as computers do, how do computers tag images?
- Accessibility – Secret sauce, willingness and technology barrier
- Provenance – Collection, limitations, gaps, labels and bias
- Machine Bias – Examples and Case Scenarios
- Privacy enhancing technologies (PET)
- Privacy by Design (PbD)
Who should attend?
No matter the size of organisation, role or position. If you are in a situation where you are responsible for information and the protection of data then this course will give you a greater understanding of the topic. Suggested delegates; Directors, Privacy Officers, Information Governance Managers, Data Protection Officers, IT security practitioners or any professional working in Information management.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.
Contact us for more information