This half day course provides a basic overview of what information assets are, the roles, responsibilities and daily tasks of an Information Asset Owner/Administrator.
What you will learn from the course:
- To provide an understanding of the information governance framework
- To cover the background to Records of Processing Activities, the Information Asset Register, Asset Owner and Assistant roles and responsibilities.
- How to undertake an information audit.
- How to leverage the Information Asset Register.
- To identify key support and resources.
- Building an information management culture.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Jargon busting, the value of information and key principles.
- Governance roles and responsibilities.
- Information Asset Owners & Administrators roles and responsibilities.
- What are the daily tasks and key issues for the IAO and Information Asset Administrators.
- What is an Information Asset?
- Overview of and relationship between Records of Processing Activities and the Information Asset Register.
- What the ROPA and IAR includes.
- Data flow mapping and how to conduct an information asset audit, what information are you looking for and how to ask questions to find information.
- Analysing the IAR and taking action.
Who should attend?
Delegates for the day would include Information Asset Owners and Administrators, Information Governance leads and Managers, Information Managers, Senior Information Risk Owners (SIRO), or their deputies or anyone working in support of an information management role.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.
Contact us for more information