This one day Information Governance training course is designed to give an overview of what Information Governance (IG) is and the requirements to support and deliver an effective agenda in your organisation. We will present practical scenario’s to consider and discuss in our Information Governance training.
What you will learn from the course:
- Overall understanding of information governance
- Understanding the information governance framework
- Understanding the roles which support information governance
- Basic understanding of information asset registers and data flow mapping
- Obtain a basic understanding of information security
- Good remote working practices
- The importance of imbedding an information governance culture
The day will cover the following topics:
- What is information governance, structure, legal framework and national picture.
- Privacy notices
- Personal and special category data
- Principle of remote working
- Social media
- Parental responsibility
- Information sharing
- Data Breaches
- The role of the DPO, SIRO and Caldicott Guardian
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Information Asset Owners & Administrators roles and responsibilities
- Information Asset Register
- Data Flow mapping
- Building an information management culture
Who should attend?
This course is for Information Governance Leads,Officers, Managers or Heads of Services. Delegates for the day would include IG Leads/Officers or Managers and/or their deputies, Data Protection Officers, Records Managers and any information governance professionals working in support of the Information Governance.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.