Microsoft 365 has become the core of many businesses since the pandemic has sped up a move toward cloud-based computing. As the use of the Microsoft platform expands, the amount of data stored in the cloud increases and companies can access their data anywhere in the world. Therefore, Information Protection and Privacy becomes increasingly more important; but how do you manage this within Microsoft?
This is an advanced course in Microsoft 365: if you are able to confidently answer Yes to the following questions you would benefit attending this course:
- Are you broadly familiar with how Microsoft 365 is used within your Company?
- Are you broadly aware of how metadata is used within SharePoint?
- Are you broadly familiar with the benefits of effectively managing information life cycles ?
If your answer is No we suggest you attend either our Microsoft 365 & Share Point Records Management or the Microsoft 365 SharePoint Super User in order to progress to this course.
You will explore all the content within the suite of Microsoft 365 products, looking at the information privacy aspects such as Privacy by design, Sensitive labels, Data Loss prevention and Data Breach notifications.
This course is a two full days face to face or four half days virtually and is currently only available online. The Face to Face course is delivered over two days. The Virtual course is delivered over 4 1/2 days.
Discount is available for multiple bookings please either message us in the chat box, email us email@example.com or call the Office 01206 807267 for more information.
Course Programme (Day 1)
Introduction to Information Privacy and Protection
- What is Data Privacy?
- What is Information Protection?
- Why Information privacy and protection is important?
- What is privacy by design in Microsoft 365?
- What are the use cases for Microsoft 365?
- Managing security and access to sensitive information
- Identifying privacy sensitive information and protecting the information
- Extend information protection to Cloud applications
Secure data access within Microsoft 365
- Introduction to Information Protection in Microsoft 365
- Implement and manage Customer Lockbox
- Configure data access in Office 365 collaboration workloads
- Configure sharing capabilities with external users
Manage sensitivity labels
- Introduction to Sensitivity Labels
- Plan a sensitivity label solution
- Configure sensitivity labels and policies
- Configure and use label analytics
- Use sensitivity labels with Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Office apps
Course Programme (Day 2)
Manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Introduction to Data Loss Prevention
- Plan a DLP solution
- Create and manage DLP policies
- Create and manage sensitive information types
- Monitor DLP reports
- Manage DLP breach notifications
Manage and Protect Cloud Applications
- Introduction to Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Plan Cloud App Security implementation
- Configure Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Manage cloud app discovery
- Manage entries in the Cloud app catalogue
- Manage apps in Cloud App Security
- Manage Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Configure Cloud App Security connectors and O-auth apps
- Configure Cloud App Security policies and templates
- Review, interpret and respond to Cloud App Security alerts, reports, dashboards, and logs
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone that works in Information Managers, Data Protection Officers, Privacy managers, and professionals who have responsibility for Microsoft 365 within their organisations. However, please refer to the suitability questions above.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Complaince is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.