This one day course starts at the point after you’ve logged the Request once you have all the information in front of you. Through interaction, practical exercises and scenario work, this course will provide you with information about redaction and scrutiny of records when you have received a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) including the processes involved and provide you with an overview of the relevant areas of law.
What you will learn from the course:
- Understand the difference between redaction and scrutiny.
- Understand what redaction is and what it looks like.
- Review which parts of UK GDPR / Data Protection Act 2018 and other laws or guidance are relevant.
- Be able to recognise potential mistakes and correct them.
- Complete exercises and scenarios covering redaction and scrutiny.
The day will cover the following topics:
- What is Redaction and Scrutiny?
- Principles of redaction and what to look for in redaction software
- Understanding of who is asking for information, and who is entitled to what?
- Disclosures for children, court orders and law enforcement
- Managing requests and redaction & scrutiny process
- Tips on redaction and using exemptions
- Dealing with Third Party information, Legal Privilege, References and Subject Access Requests
- Double checking / Proofing before disclosure
- Understanding Risk, escalation and the balancing act
- The Harm and Impact of making a mistake including data breaches linked to redaction & scrutiny
- Contract Redaction
- Practice Redactions and discussions
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone involved with redaction or scrutiny work. This course covers the basics of understanding requests whether they are SARs or request for info. Delegates might also include Records Managers/Officers, Subject Access Request Officers, Information Governance Professionals and their deputies, Data Protection Officers or anyone working in this role.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.
Contact us for more information