This one day SIRO training course for Senior Information Risk Owners covers all you need to know for the role and responsibilities of the SIRO. This course covers how to manage working relationships with your Information Asset Owners, Data Protection Officer and other Information Governance team members. How to develop and maintain an Information Risk Register. Guide you through threats, hazards, controls, and the use of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
What you will learn from the course:
- Overview of the SIRO role and responsibilities working with the Information asset owners.
- To identify the key tasks in relation to the role.
- To work through practical case scenarios, covering IAR and information asset risk assessments.
- To identify key support and resources.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Background to the role of the SIRO and their responsibilities
- National Data Reviews, standards, and guides
- Risks, Threats, Vulnerabilities, Controls and potential outcomes
- Information Risk Management and Breach Management
- Understanding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Information Asset Owners & Administrators
- Information Asset Register
- Data Flow Mapping
- Supporting information including Pseudonymisation, Anonymisation and Encryption, Information Security Management Systems and building a culture of information asset management.
Who should attend?
This course is for all new and existing SIRO’s. Delegates for the day would include SIROs, their deputies Data Protection Officers, and any information governance professionals working in support of the SIRO.
Suggested Follow on Courses
Book more than one course and receive a 10% discount.
Will I get a recognised qualification?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:00+00:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive 6 or 12 CPD points for each course attended.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:13+00:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
We offer 20% off on selected course for promotional offers.
What happens if the course is cancelled?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?jacqueline2021-01-22T14:17:49+00:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Pre Paid Option
If you have a training budget and have not yet identified your organisations broad training requirements our prepayment option may give you the flexibility you require as we can offer the facility to purchase places in bulk on our All You Need to Know Courses without the need to choose which courses at the time of purchase. This can be a much more cost effective way of training.
Contact us for more information